Sunday, December 6, 2009

Project 9: Cropping (Argyle Socks!)


I REALLY enjoyed this project. After watching Jerry's video and hearing his mention of ironwork, I was officially inspired. When creating my pieces I began thinking of not only ironwork, but funky socks, and African cloth. I thought how amazing it would be to actually turn someof these designs into those things. What a great job, if there is one!


All of my pieces have color. I looked at inverting them, but that option just seemed to take away from the design. It's amzing how something so simple can be turned into something just the opposite. This class is really driving that concept home.

4 comments:

  1. i like this one a lot genese- love that u saw argyle socks in it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that one change can make or break the finished piece. I love your use of colors. They are energetic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job! yes there is such a job... my God daughter see a fabric designer in New York City for a major Haute Couture clothing designer... her whole job is to create patterns, just like this that will go on the fabrics that are used in the clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everyone that this is great. You did a very good job on selecting your colors and making this patter "pop".

    ReplyDelete