Sunday, December 6, 2009

Light & Shadow

This one was challenging! It took me some time to get the hang of this. I'm using Gimp now and the features are similar to Photoshop but the effects of them are different. So, I did the standard shots to get used to how to light the spheres and where to put the light and the shadow. After that, I let myself have fun. I like the way they came out so I hope the light, shading, and shadows make sense! You can see all of them at http://www.fotothing.com/rpmkpell/.


.

6 comments:

  1. These are very good, I like the lighting effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rita... I am impressed that you made the switch to GIMP... The concepts are the same but the implementation is very different so there is a lot to lean how to find what you need.... As usual, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job again Rita! If we were in a class room, I would soooo be sitting next to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. rita- i am so envious of your photoshop prowess! i looooove the image at the bottom- love the colors and compostion - beautiful- how much do you charge per hour for PS lessons- lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I appreciate the positive responses. I am definitely learning a lot in this class and having fun. I wish I took the photography classes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very good at lining these up and getting all the different pieces of it to go together and make sense.

    ReplyDelete